www.silverhillcreative.com

www.silverhillcreative.com is now live! Follow me there.

Friday, July 17, 2015

"Hat of the Week": Keeping it Simple

Brown Fur Felt Beret with Swarovski Crystals

Again my title refers to two things: the length of this entry, and the style of the hat.

This hat is another example of why cost of supplies is more important than time when I price a hat. In terms of style, this is pretty simple. It wasn't elaborate to construct. I have less expensive hats that took more time to make. But the materials on this hat are top-of-the-line, and that means more expensive. 

It features 27 scattered Swarovski crystals and 3 freshwater pearls. The body of the hat is long-nap fur felt, one of the more expensive styles of felt. (If you missed it, I have a blog post all about types of millinery felt.)

It's a little bit fancy, and a lot wearable. It can be dressed up or down. And what I love about this beret shape is that it can be worn in many different ways. It can be set to the back of the head like a pillbox. It can be worn straight on in a cap style. Or it can be worn at a more extreme angle toward one ear. The last way is how I wear my own beret of this shape. It's a very Kate Middleton style!

No comments:

Post a Comment