www.silverhillcreative.com

www.silverhillcreative.com is now live! Follow me there.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Gifted Hat

I had two people I wanted to give custom hats to for the holidays. (Well, three, if you include my husband. But I don't have men's hat blocks. Alas! So I only made/gave two.) And I was finally able to give the second one. Here it is ...

blue wool cloche




















I wanted to use a simple silhouette, a very 1920s' shaped hat block. But the style is very fresh and modern.

The body is 100% wool in royal blue. Inner headsize ribbon and brim edge are dark green grosgrain (rayon/cotton). The band is 100% Shetland wool (gray with threads of red, cobalt blue, burgundy and teal), which I artfully frayed around the edge. Leather button (upcycled from my stash of buttons in my sewing box).

No comments:

Post a Comment