www.silverhillcreative.com

www.silverhillcreative.com will be coming soon! Until then, please enjoy my blog or visit my Etsy shop.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hats ca. 1877


The Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan debuted in 1879, but "by a simple arithmetical process you'll easily discover" ... that the show is set in 1877.

Thus began my research into designing hats for the Stowe Theatre Guild production (in which I also play Kate).

This is the type of thing Pinterest is made for! Forget recipes with gorgeous food photography or home decor ideas; I'm interested in collecting historical research.

I will share photos in another posting. Until then, here is a look at my Pinterest board: ca. 1877

Here's one of the images that inspired the hats I eventually created:

No comments:

Post a Comment