www.silverhillcreative.com

www.silverhillcreative.com is now live! Follow me there.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

My (Current) Favorite Hat

My favorite hat styles tend to come from the 1930s. I think what I love most are the asymmetrical shapes. And tilt hats! So a lot of my millinery work draws inspiration from the '30s (even if it isn't actually historically accurate to the time).

Here is one of my creations from my "personal collection." Haha! That sounds so fancy and artsy and official. Ahem, in other words: I made this hat and kept it for myself. :)

It's designed to be worn tilted to the left (and slightly forward), so that even though the brim is asymmetrical, it sticks out the same distance from the head once angled. Self-fabric band and trim. Made from a velour fur felt hood in antique rose. I think it looks better on me than it does on my "model," but I haven't managed to get photos of myself in the hat yet. (Oh, and I get lots of compliments when I wear it. Yay!)




No comments:

Post a Comment